Our Human Resources
John R. Harrison is the President of JRH Toxicology. He established the company in 2001 to provide a needed service in science policy and regulatory consulting to industry and government.
He has extensive experience in many areas. Environment and health issues and the broad field of natural health products are his specialty areas. His working experience spans over three decades and listed below is a small sample of the federal governmental areas in which he was directly involved, either as an environmental toxicologist, health evaluator or manager in Health Canada:
- Environmental health and risk assessment: See the Environmental Contaminants Bureau
- Drinking Water Documents: See the Water Quality and Health Bureau
- Health Hazards of Arts and Crafts: See Fact Sheet on Arts and Crafts Materials
- Manager, Toxic Substances Research Initiative (TSRI): Visit the TSRI web site
- Transition Manager, Office of Natural Health Products (now the Natural Health Products Directorate)
Mr. Harrison’s detailed resume is available here.
Senior Associates in the company are all science and management specialists with many years of experience and cover the range of program evaluation, policy, funding, environmental health and regulatory affairs in therapeutic products.
In addition, JRH Toxicology has agreements with creative graphic design and web design companies to provide a fuller range of services to our clients.
We are organized along three business lines to provide specialized services to our clients. These business lines are:
- Health and the Environment
- Natural Health Products
- Science Management.
Our capabilities include the ability to collect, interpret and translate health science information into policy. A further strength is to provide innovative and well researched policy solutions to reduce human and environmental risks from toxic substances, therapeutic products and hazardous products. We have a wide range of capabilities in each of these business lines and this is shown from the many completed projects.
The range of specialty areas which we can provide our clients include projects in the following fields:
- Environmental Health and Health Science Policy (e.g. climate change)
- Treasury Board Secretariat analyses and projects
- Horizontal Management Frameworks
- Natural Health Product Policy and Regulatory Strategies
- Environmental and Health Product Regulations
- Environmental Risk Assessment (Air, Water, Soil)
- Program Evaluation
- Policy Development
- Regulatory Affairs for Natural Health Products
- Chemical Emergency Response
- Toxicology and the Health Assessment of Products (e.g. heavy metals)
- Web Writing of Science and Health topics (e.g. toxic environmental chemicals).
Our main goal is to provide high quality reports and projects produced in a timely fashion at a competitive price.
We focus on our value added aspects for each client’s work.